you know the term “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”?
i’m crazy about apples. they are a staple food in my diet regularly. there are so many ways to eat apples. i’ll be sharing some of my favorite apples recipes in a future post.
i’m not sure if one apple a day does the trick to keep the doctor away but i do know that a daily does of apple cider vinegar is sure to keep the doctor at bay.
apple cider vinegar is made by fermenting pressed apple juice until the sugars turn into vinegar.
if you haven’t heard of apple cider vinegar or incorporated it into your daily wellness program, here are a few reasons why you should.
before i go any further i need to state that the benefits are based on organic, raw and unfiltered apple cider vinegar. there’s a difference. i promise. filtered and pasteurized vinegars lack the enzymes and other nutritional properties that raw apple cider vinegar contains.
- raw apple cider vinegar is thought to stimulate digestive enzymes which supports healthy digestion.
- soothes gastrointestinal tract and prevents constipation, stomach cramps, gas and bloating.
- can prevent against candida and normalizes intestinal bacteria. they say our gut is our second brain. when its imbalanced with bacteria our entire system can be effected negatively.
- supports a healthy immune system. because our gut plays such a huge role in the health of our immune system, a healthier gut = healthier immune system
- strong anti-viral. because of the anti-viral benefits, apple cider vinegar helps ward against colds, flus and other pesky viruses.
- regulates blood sugar and aides in balancing sugar levels for those with diabetes.
- apple cider vinegar is a natural detoxifier and helps to detoxify the body as well as the liver.
- natural skin cleanser, detoxifier and skin tonic. apple cider vinegar balances the pH in your skin and can help prevent acne when use internally and externally.
- apple cider vinegar is thought to raise the potassium levels in your body which helps reduce restless leg syndrome and night time cramps.
i drink my apple cider vinegar daily. i like bragg’s organic. it’s unpasteurized and a gluten free product. you can buy it at most of your local health food stores.
now. there is a certain way you should be drinking apple cider vinegar and it’s definitely not undiluted.
apple cider vinegar by itself is extremely acidic, therefore you always want to dilute it.
the recommended dose is 2 teaspoons 3 times a day, preferably before each meal.
i just use 2 cap fulls. the black cap on the bottle is pretty close to a teaspoon and it’s easier than looking around for clean teaspoons. i have a bottle at work and a bottle at home so i can be sure to drink it before my meals. i dilute mine in a small glass of spring water. it’s easier to drink a smaller portion and drinking a lot of water is not recommended prior to or during a meal. shake it before hand so the “mother” (the funny looking stuff floating at the bottom of the bottle) gets into your cup. don’t be afraid, it looks strange but it’s the most nutrient, mineral and enzyme packed part of the liquid healer.
add 2 caps full or 2 teaspoons of raw apple cider vinegar to a small glass of fresh water and you’ve got a refreshing, detoxifying, immune boosting, pH balancing digestion stimulating wonder drink.
i’ll be sharing more with you in future posts about how apple cider vinegar helped me kick some serious stomach and digestion problems.
i just love my apple cider vinegar and i hope you will love it too!
drink it daily. start your day off right. cleanse your body. let go of negative thoughts, people and things in your life that serve no purpose or move you away from love. be kind to yourself and others. be well.
much love Shawnee